[SGVLUG] OT: Looking for venue for 24-hour hackathon for Feb 17-18 weekend.

Lan Dang via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Wed Jan 3 22:49:01 PST 2018

Hi all,

I'm looking for a venue sponsor for CodeDay LA.  We are looking to narrow our list of venues by the end of the week and confirm our venue by Jan 15th so we can open up registration.   Any leads would be appreciated.

CodeDay is a 24-hour hackathon aimed at getting kids excited about computer science.  This will be during the weekend of Feb 17-18, from 10am on Saturday through 1pm on Sunday.  It is independently organized in various cities, but it is backed by a non-profit who handle things like insurance and sponsorships.

Here is the venue sponsorship info:
https://assets.srnd.org/codeday/sponsor/venue.pdf

Our attendance threshold is based on the venue size.  Last November, we were at Toolbox LA in Chatsworth and had about  70 students.

During the hackathon, all the students should work in the same room.  We need a separate area for them to have a quiet space to rest and relax and even sleep.  We'll also need an area to distribute  food for the five meals we provide.

I've extracted the main requirements here:
Available from 10am on Feb 18 (Saturday) to 1pm on Feb 19 (Sunday)Allows high school students to attend Space for the expected attendance, including tables/chairs Access to power and wifi
Preferred: access to A/V equipment (projector and mic) ·
No required food vendor (allows outside food) No usage fee, no-or-low cleaning fee

The nonprofit that runs CodeDay, StudentRND, is a 501(c)(3) non-profit. They will provide liability coverage and the staffing to run the event, as well as food and drink throughout the weekend.
In recognition of your support, your logo and details will be placed on the website, on all tickets, and you will have a talking spot at the event kicko ff.

Thanks,Lan