[SGVLUG] Volunteer for SGVLUG/SGVHAK/Repair Cafe booth at SCALE

Lan Dang via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Thu Feb 22 01:43:09 PST 2018

Hi all,

Thanks to Steven and Ginko, we will be having a booth at SCALE this year. We can only do this if we have sufficient volunteers.  Please sign up on the form at your earliest convenience
https://goo.gl/forms/JQdtZwHKJ1p2WVXG2

Steven is managing booth setup/teardown, though he welcomes help.

Ginko is managing the staffing, so she can make sure we have enough coverage.
We can provide talking points about our groups.

What is the purpose of having a booth at SCALE?

    * Promote our brand via stickers, merchandise, business cards, flyers, as well as displaying the projects of our members. It's our way of telling the larger community that we exist and  do cool stuff.
    * Raise money via raffles or donations in exchange for branded merchandise (Silent auction)  This pays for Meetup fees and expenses.
    * Recruit speakers for upcoming SGVLUG meetings
    * Make connections with

        * potential sponsors -- No Starch Press gave us books to raffle off

        * venues -- OpenX.

    * Network with other tech groups

Lan