[SGVLUG] SGVLUG Meeting Aug 9: Cloud Automation Using Terraform and Ansible

Lan Dang via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Thu Aug 9 00:08:16 PDT 2018

Reminder that the SGVLUG meeting is tomorrow/today.  It will be at Everbridge's facility on Hudson and Colorado.
Lan

  On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 6:57 PM, Lan Dang<l.dang at ymail.com> wrote:   Hi all,

A reminder that we have an SGVLUG meeting on Thursday, August 9th.

Rami will be speaking about cloud automation using Terraform and Ansible.  Please promote the meeting to anyone
who may be interested.

Everbridge is our We will be meeting at Everbridge on Colorado and Hudson.  Please RSVP so Everbridge will know how much food to order.

 https://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/zvpphlyxlbmb/
TIME: Thursday, August 9th, from 7pm to 9pm
LOCATION: Everbridge ( 790 East Colorado Boulevard First floor · Pasadena, CA)
TOPIC: Cloud Automation Using Terraform and Ansible
SPEAKER: Rami Al-Ghanmi

ABSTRACT: The software lifecycle does not end when the developer packages their code and makes it ready for deployment. The delivery of this code is an integral part of shipping a product. Infrastructure orchestration and resource configuration should follow a similar lifecycle (and process) to that of the software delivered on it. In this talk, we will discuss how to use Terraform and Ansible for automating your infrastructure and software delivery.

Terraform is an Infrastructure-as-Code tool for building, managing and versioning your infrastructure. It allows you to provision and orchestrate your resources effectively while ensuring that all your resources configured the way you defined in your code. We will see a practical example of deploying a complete AWS environment using Terraform.

Ansible is an automation tool that excels at configuration management and application deployment. We will use Ansible and AWX (the open source version of Ansible Tower) to configure our resources, deploy applications and perform patch management.
BIO:
Rami is a virtual member of SGVLUG and the DevOps technical lead for Endpoint Protection Cloud products at Symantec Corporation where he works on building, deploying and managing security infrastructure and services on AWS. Also, he is an outspoken advocate of Open Source Software, tools and practices within Symantec.

Lan