[SGVLUG] Needing Home Asistance re-installing Debian, here in Sherman Oaks

Chime Hart via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Wed Sep 13 00:42:17 PDT 2017

Thanks Jeff for a wonderful summary. In this case the DecTalk is a USB external
device with drivers, running Speakup, a screen-reader. Lucky, over the last year
there have been many developements involving Speakup drivers-and-yes I think
they will work in a 64bit setup. And lastly, I think the sound-card issues may
be easier than you think, as when our Late LUG member Dallas set them up, each
alias or script refers to a given card. Thanks again for an explainer.
Chime