[SGVLUG] DDNS options -- was Re: Cron question

Claude Felizardo via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Wed May 24 10:36:06 PDT 2017

Since many routers have a way to make use of a DDNS service to record
changes to an IP, does anyone know of a service that will simply send an
email message when the router gets a new IP?

I have a friend who has a couple of home security web cameras and
occasionally needs to log in remotely to check.  I had suggested a DDNS
service but he thought that was overkill when he thought a short email
would be fine.  He's running a commercial off the shelf box and I doubt
he would be comfortable changing the firmware.

Claude