[SGVLUG] SGVLUG Meeting this Thursday 1/12 @ Du-Par's. Open Mic night

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Tue Jan 10 14:21:47 PST 2017

More than happy to have Carlos, John, and Dan speak on Thursday night. If it's okay with you all, I'll update the Meetup notice and website to say that we may have brief talks on Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment, experiments with BeagleBone Black and the ESP8266 chip, and maybe a demo of a Raspberry Pi project.
 We'll also be promoting SCALE, since registration has opened up.  Hopefully, we'll have a discount code to announce at that time.
For future speakers, we have:
* Gail Peretsman-Clement on Data/Software Carpentry (depending on her availability, from Caltech)* Carlos Meza on Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
* Bryan Bennett on Joyent Triton and SmartOS (depends on his availability; based in San Diego)* more GitHub talks (check with Jamie Wetzel from GitHub)* anybody else?

I'd like to check with Gail about her availability so we can schedule her talk; she was nice enough to give up her original slot so we could have that GitHub talk.

Lan