[SGVLUG] An autologout Inquiree in TCSH?

Chime Hart via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Sun Aug 27 07:23:08 PDT 2017

Hi All, especially tcsh fans. On a Ubunto 16.04 system I would `love to disable
an auto logout option. In examining a tcsh man-page, it mentions autologout is a
"shell variable" Also mentions I can edit
/etc/csh.logout
Well, that file has just 1 line, which I suppose I either need to add options,
or type something at a prompt? I realize bash has an easier way of remaining
logged in, but I would really want to continue enjoying tcsh. So, it looks as if
shell variables don't let you type at a command-prompt? Thanks so much in
advance for any guidance
Chime