[SGVLUG] how to download and install a free linux distribution?

Claude Felizardo via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Wed Apr 19 14:04:23 PDT 2017

You may also want to consider setting up for dual boot of linux and windows if you have already paid the windows tax and you still have one or more applications that work better (or only) on windows.  I've done this with just about every laptop I owned.   It's been a while but the last time I looked the distros usually supported this from the install disc.

I have also used VirtualBox first with an online compiler class where the instructor provided a ready-to-go development environment with all the documentation, tools, assignments and test cases; and for work where I have several images for testing one of our products on different platforms.

Claude