[SGVLUG] connecting fedora to att uverse

qun li via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Mon Apr 17 13:32:27 PDT 2017

err for the ping cmd: "connect: network is unreachable".for ifconfig: "bash: ifconfig: command not found"
the ATT Uverse status page :

Summary Status

| Type | Status |
| Internet |    | Connected |
| DSL Link |    | Connected |

Internet Details

Internet Connection Type| Type | Value |
| Broadband Link | Built in modem - ADSL/VDSL |
| IP Connection | Direct IP (DHCP or Static) |

Current Internet Connection| Type | Value |
| IP Address | 76.216.222.220 |
| Subnet Mask | 255.255.252.0 |
| Default Gateway | 76.216.220.1 |
| Primary DNS | 68.94.156.8 |
| Secondary DNS | 68.94.157.8 |
| Host Name | dsldevice |
| Domain |  |
| MAC Address | f8:18:97:0d:dc:40 |
| MTU | 1500 |

6rd IPv6 Internet Connection| Type | Value |
| Default Gateway | 2602:300:c533:1510::1 |
| 6rd BR | 12.83.49.81 |
| 6rd Prefix | 2602:300::/28 |
| 6rd Delegated Prefix | 2602:304:cd8d:edc0::/60 |
| 6rd MTU | 1472 |

I did use the primary and secondary DNS address for Fedora network setup but I don't seea "DNS search path".