[SGVLUG] Need a venue for Oct 13 SGVLUG meeting on 3D printing

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Fri Sep 23 02:37:28 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to arrange a venue for our October 13th SGVLUG meeting on 3D printing.  It's a meeting I would ordinarily try to do at OpenX, but there may not be anyone available to host us on that day.

In the meantime, I could use a little help in scouting out other potential venues. Please email me if you have any leads or contacts.

I'm looking for a space close to Pasadena that can accommodate about 60 people, has wifi and a good layout for presentation-style meetings, and has tables available for us to show off our 3D printer or 3D printed projects.

Dave Flynn is giving a presentation demystifying 3D printing.  I wanted to bring in the 3D printing community--whether they are experts or neophytes--to share the stuff that they've printed and spark a conversation about what we can do with 3D printing, how to get started, and how 3D printing can be used for art, home, hobby, and work.  I already have some good leads on folks to invite, but I can only do it if we have an appropriate venue.
Thanks,

Lan