[SGVLUG] Is GoDaddy for real?

Matthew Campbell dvdmatt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 17:49:50 PDT 2016

Oh my goodness.  I can't really believe this.

When I wrote y'all last time a third level manager had asked me to
reduce the amount of 'unlimited' storage I was using by 25%.

I reduced it by 50%.

Two Fridays ago I got a note 'you are using storage not in accordance
to your hosting plan'.  When I called they said that I was using too
much storage and had to reduce the amount of space I was using.  I
asked what the limit was for 'unlimited' (again) and they (again)
replied 'that is at our discretion'.

They gave me 4 days (2 working days) to 'reduce the amount of storage
you are using' or they would shut down all the websites hosted on my
account without further warning.

I reduced the amount of storage again, removing another 30% of the
material (to another hosting account).

I complied by their date.

I just got a follow-up letter stating that though I complied with
their request they find that I am out of compliance with their hosting
policies.  I called again and asked what was wrong this time.  They
could not answer me but said that unless I complied with all requests
to come into compliance they would shut down the sites on September
12th.

At least this time they gave me 4 working days to complete the changes
which require costly application and database work.

Unfortunately this time they can't tell me what I need to do to 'comply'.

This just really, really sucks.

Is anyone else still using GoDaddy?

Matt