[SGVLUG] Please RSVP for 10/13 SGVLUG meeting "3D Printing, What is it good for anyway?"

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Thu Oct 6 21:12:06 PDT 2016

Hi all,

Much thanks goes to Homan and Sellbrite for hooking us up with this month's venue.

The next SGVLUG monthly meeting will be at Idealab (Old Town Pasadena) this Thursday, October 13th, from 7-9pm. Our host at Idealab is the 3D printing company New Matter. We're going out to dinner afterwards at Du-Par's.

Sorry, you'll have to find your own parking in Old Town.

Please RSVP on Meetup or with me, so I can keep us from exceeding the fire code for the space.  Feel free to pass the word.  We're encouraging people to bring their 3D printed objects for show and tell.

http://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/234113164/

http://www.sgvlug.org/2016/10/13/3d-printing-what-is-it-good-for-anyway/

Topic:

Dave Flynn will share his extensive experience with 3D printing from the past 4 years, as well as his motivations for designing and building his own 3D printer.  Specifically, his experience is with the RepRap style of 3D printers.

The presentation will be short as Dave much prefers answering questions.

We welcome the 3D printing community--whether they are experts or neophytes--to share the things they've printed and spark a conversation about what we can do with 3D printing, how to get started, and how 3D printing can be used for art, home, hobby, and work.

Please email me if you're bringing something for show and tell, so I can make sure there are tables.
You're also welcome to do a lightning talk.

Lan