[SGVLUG] May (was: Re: Meeting recap 4/14: Webification + May/June meeting announcement)

Dustin Laurence dllaurence at dslextreme.com
Tue May 3 11:54:31 PDT 2016

On 05/03/2016 09:39 AM, Lan Dang via SGVLUG wrote:

> Sounds cool. Would you be willing to give it at a future meeting?

Yes.  I could in some sense give it any time using the seminar slides
as-is, however that seminar was specifically aimed at senior C/C++
programmers.  It might be better for a LUG talk to edit the slides for a
more varied audience.  Alternatively, I could just go slower and leave
more time for questions.  Going off the rails and having an impromptu
discussion on the parts that are unclear can be more fun than being
"learned at" for 45 minutes.

> ...What
> would your availability be?

At the moment, it's generally good, with some exceptions I'd just have
to check my calendar for.  That can change unpredictably depending on
either what contracts I take on or on whether and when I go full-time.

> I believe we have speakers lined  up through August but we should
> double-check to make sure they can all give their talks as scheduled.

ATM I have time to do it and am motivated to do it because I want my
name out there, so might as well see what the earliest open date is and
I can see if I have a conflict.

Dustin