[SGVLUG] SCALE 14x - Hackaday Show and Tell, SCALE Museum, amateur radio

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Mon Jan 11 02:28:44 PST 2016

Hi all,

*  SCALE 14x is less than 10 days away.    If you haven't signed up to go yet, remember to use promo code "SGVLG" to get 50% off the full-access pass.  Pretty much every group is organizing a Meetup to attend SCALE and we are no different.  If you come, please make sure to visit our booth.  We'll have projects on display and awesome stuff to raffle off.

http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/14x/
http://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/227367276/

* Hackaday/Supplyframe is sponsoring the Saturday Game Night.  They are also doing their monthly show and tell at SCALE.  They are soliciting open source/gaming-related projects for show-and-tell.   Contact jasmine at hackaday.com if there is anything you want to share.  See the Meetup page for more details.
http://www.meetup.com/Hackaday-Los-Angeles/events/227725946/

* I'm sure some of you guys have vintage gadgets that you can show off:
"This year, you'll get to enjoy the first ever SCALE Museum. The theme is Rise of the Machines:  A Living Timeline. This is a display of historic engineering, computing devices, and other clever gadgets.  If you have a vintage electronic item or geeky gadget you'd like to show off contact lori at socallinuxexpo.org."

http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/14x/scale-game-night

* If you're a ham or an aspiring ham, there will be some amateur radio activities at SCALE.  You can visit them at their booth.  They will also be offering HAM exams on Sunday.

http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/blog/updates-amateur-radio-scale-14x

Lan