[SGVLUG] PHP question

Homan Chou homanchou at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 21:07:29 PST 2016

I just quickly scanned your attachment so I'm not positive this is your
problem but maybe this will help you:

($_POST['_submit_check']) is set by a form submit (a POST request). If you
are loading the file locally by opening the file in a browser that is most
likely a GET request, in which case all $_POST associative array values
will be blank.

The value will be set after you submit the form, you should see something
like this:

<form name="msgform" method="post" action="<?php print
$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; ?>">

<input type="hidden" name="_submit_check" value="1" />
</form>

Which means that you will load the same page, this time submitting
_submit_check with value of "1" using method of POST, so on the subsequent
page load $_POST['_submit_check'] should be available.

Hope that helps.  You might try stackoverflow in the future, you will get
an answer within hours or minutes.

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 2:16 PM, ListReg <listreg_sr at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Accepted. Now then back to the original question, is there any proficient
PHP programmers in the group or does any one have a contact??

> Stephen
>

> On 2/3/2016 10:07 AM, Braddock Gaskill wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I started the PHP derision thread as a joke and am sorry it got
>> out of hand.
>> PHP questions are of course welcome here.
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 9:48 AM, DYN: Jim Workman <jimw at dynashoe.com>
wrote:

>>> Stephen, this is an inclusive and supportive group; never arrogant and
elitist.

Laurence
>>> Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2016 9:40 AM
>>> To: sgvlug at sgvlug.net
>>> Subject: Re: [SGVLUG] PHP question

>>> Being a proficient PHP programmer would imply that you had spent
serious seat time in PHP, and that's the last thing I'd want to admit to.
>>> Better to pretend you had a more rewarding and socially respectable
career, like illegal dog fighting or bilking little old ladies out of their
pensions.

>>> Please let this be an addition to an existing PHP website, as it sounds.
>>>   Making a new website in PHP without the excuse that you already know
PHP better than a good language makes baby Jesus cry.