[SGVLUG] Reminder: SGVLUG Meeting this Thursday 12/08. Topic: GitHub Webhooks

juanslayton at charter.net juanslayton at charter.net
Tue Dec 6 07:21:32 PST 2016

Plan to be there.
Juan

	-----------------------------------------From: "Lan Dang via SGVLUG"
To: "SGVLUG Discussion List."
Sent: 06-Dec-2016 08:46:16 +0000
Subject: [SGVLUG] Reminder: SGVLUG Meeting this Thursday 12/08. Topic:
GitHub Webhooks

   Hi all,
  Reminder that we have an SGVLUG meeting this Thursday. .

   We are back with OpenX, thanks to Derek. There is a bit of
construction going on, so you can only enter on Walnut, and we are
using the entrance on Walnut St, instead of our usual entrance.
   Please RSVP on Meetup or with me before Wednesday morning.
Remember, I have to give them a list of names
    My voice is still unreliable. I need a couple of volunteers to
emcee, make the announcements, go through Linux in the News, introduce
our speaker, etc.

   [1]http://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/234893164/?from=ref [2]
   TIME: Thursday, December 8th, from 7pm to 9pm   LOCATION: OpenX,
888 E Walnut St, Pasadena, CA   TOPIC: GitHub Webhooks   SPEAKER:
Christian Weber, GitHub Solutions Engineer
   TOPIC:   GitHub's webhooks are both powerful and flexible. Today
we'll discuss using webhooks in some common, and not so common ways,
from Pull Request driven infrastructure, to ChatOps driven CI,
GitHub's webhooks provides you a myriad of ways to monitor and guide
your Development Environments. We'll also discuss our robust API, and
some data visualization techniques yielding from that data.   BIO:
Christian Weber is a Solutions Engineer at GitHub. Having spent the
previous several years in finance doing various Dev and Ops
related-things, Christian now spends his time focused on bringing
GitHub and modern software tools into the Enterprise!

    Lan

Links:
------
[1] http://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/234893164/?from=ref