[SGVLUG] GoDaddy?

Matthew Campbell dvdmatt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 00:55:14 PDT 2016

The only explanation I can come up with is they are intentionally
screwing with me.

I complied with all their requests and they cancelled my account
without warning or notice.

Unfortunately this coincided with a client's biggest night of the
year.  The day before through the day after their big event their site
was offline.  No appeal, no correction available.  No managers on
duty, nothing they can do until Monday morning.

I called back Monday morning and no manager on duty, nothing they can do.

WTH?

I complained for 2 hours (at least they didn't hang up on me) until
they put a manager on.  I explained the situation and he said there
was nothing he could do.  Half an hour of asking him to fix this got
him to authorized re-enabling my account as when he reviewed all their
correspondence he could find nothing I did wrong.

Then he hit me with it.

The reinstatement was only for 48 hours.  In that time I had to reduce
the website content of my clients by at least 25% or the account would
be automatically terminated.  In addition he said they would review
the changes and determine if they felt that 25% was enough and
reserved the right to terminate the account anyway.

WTF!?!

Moving the content will entail hiring contractors to rebuild
databases, applications, java, cgi, php etc.  There is absolutely no
way I could get that done in 48 hours to move content off the site.
Could I have a reasonable amount of time?  Absolutely not and if I ask
again they will just shut me down now.  When I pointed out how
unreasonable this was the manager's response?  Well turning on your
clients sites with broken links and missing galleries is better than
no site right?

Really?

I am at a loss for words.  At noon tomorrow everything crashes again.
My only recourse is to delete 25% of my client's data with no way to
rescue it (yeah, I did make a backup over the weekend in case it
turned out this way, but if they disable the account they delete all
the backups along with the data).  Does this open me to legal
exposure? hell yes.  Do they care?  Absolutely not one whit.

*sob*

Matt