[SGVLUG] Help requested & Upcoming Events

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Fri Aug 5 01:05:47 PDT 2016

Hi all,
I'm going to be very preoccupied with work and personal projects for the next few months.  I need y'all to pay attention and be proactive because I can't promise that I'll be able to stay on top of things.  Make sure you know whether we have a speaker.  Check Meetup and the website to see if the topic has been advertised.  Follow up with the venue to make sure they know we're coming.  Come early to help set up.  Bring your Linux in the News and announcements.   Make sure we have the appropriate equipment at the talk.

If you want to become more involved with the administrative side of LUG, please be aware that there are a bunch of things you probably need to be granted access to.  It would also be good to hang out in the IRC channel (#sgvlug on Freenode)

SPEAKER LINE-UP
================
We currently have a speaker line-up that takes us through the end of the year.  We coordinate through a Google Doc that Braddock set up a couple of years ago, and which I try to update within a few days of getting a lead or scheduling a speaker.  This link is read-only; if you want edit privileges, I probably have the power to grant it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ArNpQvqFQRgeoCx3TVN6yiF-3Qg2nLvyKEQeqj1UrOY/edit?usp=sharing

UPCOMING EVENTS

Aug 11: Dr. Paul J. Wilkinson (Asterisk) - Du-Par's
 - http://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/232555917/

Aug 20: SGVLUG/SGVHAK BBQ at Lan's house
 - Potluck BBQ

Sep 8: Joel Steres (TBC) (CLI Text Processing Tools -- expanded version of what he did at  May LUG) - Du-Par's

Oct 13: Dave Flynn  - 3D printing + projects + Q&A - OpenX(TBC)

Nov 10: GitHub speaker (TBC) on API and hooks - OpenX (TBC)

Dec 8: Bobby Messemer on automation - OpenX (?)

Lan