[SGVLUG] DHCP Errrors Instead of a Login?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Tue Apr 19 16:12:23 PDT 2016

OK, will need to manually type these, as cannot cut-and-paste

Turns out the screen was a moving target, quite hard for a sighted person to
read as these 5lines were looping. Eventually it went  black. Here is a
sampling. dhcprequest ov 192.168.1.1.207
Hardware name gigabyte technology company ltd g4 1m es 2lg4imes2lbi bios f9
6212010
dhcpd
dhcprequest ofv192.168 .1.198 on eth0 to 255.255.255 port 67
dhcpdiscover on eth0 255.255.255 port 67 interval 3
.
Back again live: Even hitting escape, gave an unlimmited time to select a
kerlel, but I still don't know how to boot interactively?
I also put up a note on our community board in my complex, if any1 understands
Linux to ring the bell.
Thanks so much in advance
Hart