[SGVLUG] Please RSVP for 4/14 SGVLUG meeting "Webification (w10n) and NASA data collections"

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Tue Apr 12 09:50:54 PDT 2016

Hi all,

The next SGVLUG monthly meeting will be at OpenX this Thursday, April 14th, from 7-9pm.

Since it is at OpenX, you will need to RSVP.

You can RSVP with Meetup or with me directly.  I suggest you do it ASAP.

This month's topic may be of interest to people participating in the NASA Space Apps

challenge.

http://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/228957857/

Zhangfan Xing from JPL will be talking about Webification (w10n).
SGV Linux Users Group - Webification (w10n) and NASA data collections

"In this talk, Zhangfan Xing will present webification (w10n), a data

virtualization technology that simplifies use of resources on the web platform.
He will discuss science data challenges and share his experience on developing
open source solutions for NASA/JPL. In particular, he will use webification
for science (w10n-sci) as an example to demonstrate how one can bring together
a diverse set of data and visualize them, using modern web browser,
in a rapid and effective fashion. He will also introduce the audience to
the rich data collections available at NASA data centers and elaborate on
their potential values to web data innovators."

No raffle this month.

Also, a reminder that May's meetup will be at Du-Par's and will consist of short talks

by SGVLUG members.

Lan