[SGVLUG] Thanks for SGVLUG 20th Anniversary Party

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Sun Nov 15 14:24:09 PST 2015

Hi Claude,

That's a great summary of the sponsors.  We should tweet that.  BTW, I reviewed (and corrected) our RSVP check-in list: we had about 108 people, including the OpenX representatives.

If any of you talk about the party on social media, please acknowledge our sponsors.  On Twitter, use #sgvlug20th.  And if you took photos, please share.

Thank you all for coming.  One of the things we'd wanted to accomplish with this party was to bring everyone back together.  I love the stories I heard about LUG from Dick Emerson, Bob Jaffray, Dustin Laurence, Mike Rubel.  Tom was mentioned a lot.  He left a great legacy and he's really the reason I do what I do for LUG.

Big shoutout to John Slayton aka Juan Slayton, who did a fabulous display of his Desknet system for computer-aided classroom drills.

I'm glad Mike P-S was able to find the Tux doorbell.  I have taken custody of it, because I have a sentimental attachment to it.  When I first tried to attend LUG, back when it was at Downs, it was the doorbell that told me I was at the right place.  Later, I remember always sitting in the back row with those creaky chairs, and getting up every time the doorbell rang to open the door for latecomers.

Lan