[SGVLUG] Last 20th anniversary party planning meeting Thu @ 7pm

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Wed Nov 11 22:03:59 PST 2015

Hi all,

Contrary to what I might have said last week, we are NOT meeting at Du-Pars for the last planning meeting.
Instead, we are meeting at  Tux-Lab at 7pm.  We'll be figuring out the last minute details and finalizing the event schedule.

We got a lot of RSVPs, and I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone there.

If you haven't already RSVPed, please do so at Eventbrite before noon on Saturday.  If you have an aversion to Eventbrite, RSVP to me.   I have to send OpenX the guest list:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sgvlug-20th-anniversary-party-tickets-18956875525

I'll be sending out an email on Friday with the final schedule.

This is what has been planned so far.

* Tables for Red Hat, Ubuntu, OpenSuse, OpenX
* Table for Unleash Kids
* Tables for community showcase:
     * John Slayton will show off Desknet, which he spoke about at LUG recently.
     * Braddock will bring Internet in a Box, Wikipedia Reader and a telepresence robot

     * Dave  usually has some cool project he's working on.
     * etc.  Feel free to bring your own projects.
* Gaming corner with Alienware Alpha SteamOS console
* Gaming corner with Vim Adventures
* Linux Jeopardy with prizes
* Raffle
* Food and drink
* A lot of people to chat with, old and new

Lan