[SGVLUG] NO SGVLUG meeting this Thursday + SGVLUG 20th Anniversary on Nov 14th

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Mon Nov 9 04:00:55 PST 2015

Hi all,

A reminder that we have cancelled the November SGVLUG meeting, to allow us to dedicate our resources to the 20th anniversary party this coming Saturday, November 14th.  You are still free to meet at Du-Par's for dinner.  Just don't expect a presentation or the big room to be set up.

The SGVLUG 20th Anniversary party is this Saturday, from 4pm to 10pm at OpenX in Pasadena. It is completely free and open to the SoCal Linux community.
http://www.sgvlug.org/2015/11/14/twentieth-anniversary/

Please promote the party to former members and past speakers.  If you tweet, use hashtag #sgvlug20th.  We are looking for memories or photos of our LUG.

Please RSVP via EventBrite or even via e-mail to me.  We need a good headcount for food, and OpenX needs a guest list due to the building security requirements.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sgvlug-20th-anniversary-party-tickets-18956875525

It'll be a fun party.  OpenX is sponsoring the food and drink (including beer and wine), and we’ll have a fundraising raffle, a community showcase, and Linux Jeopardy.  Red Hat and OpenSuse and Ubuntu evangelists will be there with their swag.  James is going to bring his Alienware Alpha box running Steam OS.  We will also be playing Vim Adventures, with participants earning tickets for a special raffle for a 6-month license to the game.

Lan

PS Jess uncovered a rare group photo from May 2008:

https://barracudadrive.com/blog/2008/05