[SGVLUG] Writing and Publishing a Book with Free Software

Nathan Haines nhaines at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 21 01:41:28 PDT 2015

Hello, SCVLUG members!

I wanted to sincerely thank you for having me at your July 9th meeting.
Not only did I have a wonderful time presenting to all of you, but I
also wanted to thank you all for your insightful publishing questions
during the Q&A session, and for all of the kind comments and feedback
after the talk.  As always, I remain available for further questions.
Just send me an email.

I wanted to make my slides and speaker notes available for your
reference.  You can download them here:

http://people.ubuntu.com/~nhaines/documents/events/2015/sgvlug-presentation-publishing/Writing%20a%20book%20using%20Free%20Software.odp

Unfortunately, my Nexus 7 tablet didn't record my talk, so I have
neither video nor photos of the presentation.  I would love it if anyone
would send any recordings or photos they took to me directly, so that I
could have a record of the talk and perhaps put a couple photos on the
Web as well.

I'm happy to say that my editors at Apress were happy to hear that the
talk was a success, and asked me to remind you all that Amazon reviews
make or break books.  I'm finishing my book "Beginning Ubuntu for
Windows and Mac Users" in the next two weeks and I hope that it'll be
published by October.  You can find out more about the book and
pre-order it here: http://amzn.to/1MpbL9V

Thank you once again for being such a good audience.  I enjoyed the
chance to speak to you all a second time, and I'm hoping to come back in
the future to discuss some exciting upcoming Ubuntu features.

Until then, happy hacking!
Nathan

--
Nathan Haines