[SGVLUG] Meetup

juanslayton @dslextreme.com juanslayton at dslextreme.com
Tue Jan 6 16:01:29 PST 2015

Hi James,
     I do appreciate the work that you and a handful of other active
supporters put in to keep SGVLUG alive.  I think perhaps it is time to
explain my own non-compliance with some requests.

     To RSVP with Meetup, one needs to register.  To register, you need to
agree that "...you have read and understand this Agreement and agree to all
the terms of this Agreement...."

     The Terms of Service agreement referred to is 15 pages long, runs to
8342 words of legal gobbledygook, and can be changed at any time.

     This is the very sort of thing that drives me to Gnu/Linux.  I would
be interested to know how many of our group actually have read this thing,
and if there is anyone who claims to understand it.

     Personally, I have better things to do.  I'm with Stallman on this one.
Juan Slayton