[SGVLUG] Free ebook at bn.com

Swantje swantje at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 14:10:35 PST 2015

 OPEN: How we'll work, live and learn in the future [NOOK Book] by David
Price is available for free at barnesandnoble.com today.The description
says:

What makes a global corporation give away its prized intellectual property?
Why are Ivy League universities allowing anyone to take their courses for
free? What drives a farmer in rural Africa to share his secrets with his
competitors?

A collection of hactivists, hobbyists, forum-users and maverick leaders are
leading a quiet but unstoppable revolution. They are sharing everything
they know, and turning knowledge into action in ways that were unimaginable
even a decade ago. Driven by technology, and shaped by common values, going
‘open’ has transformed the way we live. It’s not so much a question of if
our workplaces, schools and colleges go open, but when.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/open-david-price/1117347829?ean=9781909979024

I think it may interest some of you.

--

"Small things done with great love will change the world."