[SGVLUG] [SGVHAK] SGVHAK Meeting this Saturday

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Fri Apr 24 11:33:59 PDT 2015

Hi all,

John said he's bringing a 3D printer--the Blue Eagle Lab Kossel Clear Delta Design printer.

He brought it last month, and it spent the entire meeting printing out a little canister with a lid.  This time around, I'm going to try to print a small replacement piece for my cell phone car mount, which Dave had replicated in OpenSCAD.  I have a feeling it will take a couple of prints to get right, if the first attempt doesn't fit exactly.

I don't think it should take that long to print this since it's pretty small.  If you have something small you want to print, come to the meeting with a 3D model or STL, and we'll see what time allows.

Additionally, John and I are going to be working on Raspberry Pi camera projects.

Scoops, if you are attending this meeting, be sure to bring flyers for Repair Cafe.  I don't think the library will mind if we post one to their community board.

RSVPs are pretty low at the moment, so we may end up leaving a bit early, if it's just us.  We have an event to attend after the Meetup.

Lan
PS I think it's about time I need to ask about renewing the reservation for the Library meeting room.
We don't get a high priority when it comes to scheduling since I'm not a Pasadena resident.
Crossing my fingers that no Pasadena resident desires our meeting slot for next year.