[SGVLUG] Free GitHub Training in Pasadena on Tue, July 8th 7-9pm

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Sat Jun 28 14:51:25 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I was just browsing Meetup and saw two notices of free GitHub Training for July 8th.  I believe it is a cross-posting by a member of both groups, and she was able to get a space for the event at MetaCloud in Pasadena.

http://www.meetup.com/OpenSourceLA/events/191464872/
http://www.meetup.com/Girl-Develop-It-Los-Angeles/events/191080432/

Actual RSVP is via EventBrite.

MetaCloud  (117 E Colorado Blvd #300, Pasadena, CA 91105)
Tuesday, July 8, 2014 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PDT)

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/an-intro-to-version-control-collaboration-with-git-and-github-tickets-12020330131?aff=eac2

The trainer, Jordan McCullough, works for GitHub and goes around the world training companies how to use Git and GitHub.  He actually did the training for my company not too long ago.  I really enjoyed the training class.  I learned a lot, and I am not a Git or GitHub newbie.  He is very open to answering questions of all sorts during the class and during break times.

Lan