[SGVLUG] dd-wrt and vlan

Tux Lab project.tuxlab at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 09:47:01 PST 2014

Anyone use dd-wrt and vlan?   Does it work only Broadcom based routers
and does the gui interface work?

I need to setup two separate subnets on the dd-wrt.   I am replacing
an old PII-400Mhz box running IPCop with a Linksys E1200 router
running dd-wrt.  I think vlan is possible with the E1200 but I
couldn't figure out the gui config menus and the tutorials I found
online doesn't quite match the interface of the dd-wrt version for the
E1200.

I have a spare Buffalo router but that one is Atheros based.   The
last resort is to setup a pfsense box. . . .

thanks,

John