[SGVLUG] SGVLUG Meeting this Thursday, Feb 13th

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Sun Feb 9 22:57:08 PST 2014

Hi all,

Reminder that we have a SGVLUG meeting this Thursday night, Feb 13th, 7-9pm.  The meeting will be at Burger Continental*, in the back room near the Vons Pavilions supermarket.

Burger Continental
535 S Lake Ave, Pasadena, CA

If you're a member of Meetup.com, check out the SGVTech Meetup group** (http://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/).  This is an umbrella  group for SGVLUG, SGVHAK, the Ubuntu Hour, and the SGV Drupal groups.   Our regular and special meetings will be announced there first, and then propagated to the website and mailing list.

This week, we will be covering club business, the Southern California Linux Expo (SCALE) that is coming up soon, and a round of lightning talks by various people.

* Richard will report status on social media effort
* James will demonstrate how to update the SGVLUG website using Pelican and Github.
* Jess will talk about GStreamer
* John K. will present the history of open source
* anybody else?

Lan
* Feel free to order food or drinks before the meeting starts or before you enter the room in order to avoid disruptions during the presentations.   Please note that you are not obliged to order anything.  It's just a good idea to support the restaurant that is hosting our meetings.

** Please remember that you can control the amount of emails and notifications you receive by going to My Profile -> Emails and Notifications.  You will have to configure the notifications for each Meetup group you belong to.