[SGVLUG] Solving the problem of Internet connectivity at Burger Continental

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Thu Dec 11 08:29:01 PST 2014

Hi all

Cheryl spoke with the manager last night and he said to just bring your equipment tonight and see.  Their WiFi definitely does not reach our room.

I think it is probably better to resolve in person when we are all there for the meeting.  We can ask Cheryl to point us to the guy in charge and whoever handles his tech.   Burger Continental has been good to us and I don't want any misunderstandings to damage our relationship. (I particularly want to make sure we are not touching  anything that would affect their ability to do business,  and management is not always the one who knows how their network is set up.)

As for the presentation tonight,  we have made it clear to not depend on the Internet access and that we would try to provide mobile tethering  if necessary.

Thanks for all the offers to help.  Hope to see some of you tonight.

Lan