[SGVLUG] OpenSSL exploit

Eric Gillingham gillingham at bikezen.net
Tue Apr 8 14:01:40 PDT 2014

Straightforward to fix doesn't mean easy.

You will have to revoke every certificate on the machine, and reset
every single private bit of information that something linked to
libssl could have ever read into memory as it's now exposed, you also
have to write off all previously protected traffic as fully public.

This information should be repeated again and again because I don't
think people are really considering the potential impact.

- Eric