[SGVLUG] new DSL configuration

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 10:50:54 PDT 2013

I decided to opt out of static for now, thought I'd make use of the DynDNS
account i signed up for years ago will work.  Looks like the modem will
support IF i disable bridge mode.

My original firewall was a DIY Linux box, did that once, worked fine until
the computer overheated in the closet.  Having to deal with two networks
cards was a pain.  Much prefer COTS solutions now.  While I do have a linux
fileserver still, I'd rather not put it in the middle.  Besides, I'm not
sure if I have NIC that would work in that computer.