[SGVLUG] new DSL configuration

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 10:18:03 PDT 2013

Okay, I have signed up for DSLExtreme fusion, DHCP.  Installation is today
but I'm wondering about the settings.  Anyone have the settings for modem
if I want to use it as a router?  I've been using a 2-wire modem with AT&T
and was using their built-in router but DSLExtreme is saying I need to
leave their modem in bridge mode which disables all the built-in features
of the Contrend CT-5072T like NAT, firewall, etc.  I had a static IP before
so the configuration is much different.  I can connect to the new modem but
attempts to configure it for a static IP and DHCP were failing.  I could
get it to sync but not dish out IPs.  I suppose I could use my original
Netgear RT-311 from 14 years ago.

Claude