[SGVLUG] DSL Extreme Fusion

Braddock braddock at braddock.com
Mon Sep 16 19:49:58 PDT 2013

I cut the Time Warner cord and went with DSL Extreme Fusion for voice
and data back in February.  I'm very happy with the service.

Note that with their Fusion service combined voice/data, you are
actually getting sonic.net DSL's network instead of DSL Extreme.  Only
annoyance there is that they block outbound port 25 and I think they
do some DNS redirect and filtering and they won't turn it off if you
are through sonic (they say they will if you were ACTUALLY on the DSL
Extreme network).

Downlink and uplink speeds are good for me considering it is DSL (I do
miss fast uplink from cable though).

As a cord cutter, I have absolutely no regrets about getting rid of
cable TV either.  Saves us a ton of money and I can find just about
anything I want to see and more on my Roku/Netflix/Hulu set up.

- -braddock