[SGVLUG] Meeting this Thu Sep 12th: Raspberry Pi Hack Attack + treats

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Tue Sep 10 16:32:46 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Sorry for the late reminder.  The SGVLUG meets this Thursday.  Steven and Michael will be giving lessons on computer security using the Raspberry Pi.

James has lined up a speaker for next month.  I hope he can give us more information about that.  As far as I know, November and December are open.

Come a little hungry.  I am bringing homemade cookies, and possibly a pie, if I'm feeling  ambitious.  You are all responsible for consuming these treats before we break up for dinner.

Speaking of which, Burger Continental is closed due to failing their health department inspection.  This means we need to pick a new place.  Let's settle the dinner situation at the beginning of the meeting so everyone knows where we're going and what the address is.  We probably also need a headcount.  Depending on the place, we may need to make reservations.

SGVLUG meeting, Thu 09/12/2013 7-9pm

WEBSITE: http://sgvlug.org
TOPIC: Introduction to Security Using Raspberry Pis.
PRESENTER: Michael Starch and Steven Doran
LOCATION: Caltech - Downs 107. The Downs building is across from the tennis courts on California at Arden.
ABSTRACT:
We will demonstrate 4 basic security topics, all using the Rasberry Pi computer.

Topcs include:

“Change Default Passwords, or Else…..if”
“Clear Text Passwords and HTTP Make Jack a Sad Boy”
“Cookie Stealing with Joe Blackhat”
“Stack Smashing in the Real World”.

Come to learn a taste of security, or simply enjoy the show.

Thanks to Junaid for reserving Downs 107.

Lan