[SGVLUG] Gmail Spam Re: [Was:] computer history museum

Steve M Bibayoff bibayoff at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 14:33:56 PDT 2013

Hello,

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 2:18 PM, DV <vindimy at gmail.com> wrote:
> A lot of SGVLUG messages have been going to Spam in Gmail, so don't feel bad
> if nobody responds :)

I never correlated this with SGVLUG only, but I do notice every few
days (maybe weeks), gmail spam detection seems to hiccup(best word I
could think of to describe it), where various non-spam gets marked as
spam, and what normally gets marked as spam(close to the exact same
messages that are marked as spam already) doesn't get marked. This
usually happens for a 20-30 minute period.

I tried to describe this problem to a couple of google engineers(who
are not working on gmail), but they had no idea. And Google seems to
be more interested in rolling out new features, instead of fixing what
they had broke. And there is no way(at least as far as I know), to
report problems.

m2c,
Steve