[SGVLUG] new DSL configuration

John Kreznar jek at ininx.com
Fri Oct 4 03:05:17 PDT 2013

In a mail purportedly from Claude Felizardo <cafelizardo at gmail.com> but
lacking a digital signature, it is written:

> Don't think it's the inside wiring ...

What I finally did was to install an RJ-11 socket-plug pair right at the
outside-inside interface so that I can easily temporarily connect gear
directly at that point, eliminating the inside wiring.  I use this to
convince first myself and then the vendor that the problem is not in my
inside wiring.

During your recent change-over, did you ever have two independent
Internet connections simultaneously (or do you now)?  Could you then
ping either from the other?  One option I've been thinking of is to add
a connection while retaining my present DSLExtreme connection.

--
OpenPGP key: http://ininx.com
 John E. Kreznar jek at ininx.com 9F1148454619A5F08550 705961A47CC541AFEF13