[SGVLUG] Keysigning

John Kreznar jek at ininx.com
Sat Nov 30 10:27:59 PST 2013

Surprising that questioning WoT is controversial, but you've sent me
scurrying to reread to see what I've missed.

In nearly 20 years of using PGP, I've never once relied on WoT.  Yet I'm
confident that traffic between me and my OpenPGP corespondents is
confidential and authenticated.  There's always either been an
opportunity to compare fingerprints out of band, or I'm using PGP simply
to verify continuity of the signer on a mailing list or Usenet group.

The basic idea of public key encryption is very simple.  It's a shame to
unnecessarily clutter it with WoT.

--
OpenPGP key: http://ininx.com
 John E. Kreznar jek at ininx.com 9F1148454619A5F08550 705961A47CC541AFEF13