[SGVLUG] google drive for Linux petition

Miguel Hernandez migtek at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 22:01:39 PDT 2013

These are very good points, James. Our old friend who moved out of the area
a couple years ago (tho probably still lurks around ;), Charles Wyble, made
many several similar points. He took it further & actually built a lot of
systems to be off the grid. I'll let him chime in since my summary wouldn't
do all his work justice.

Thanks for the links! I definitely wasn't aware of most of these things,
especially Prism Break! On that site, I definitely recommend Diaspora as a
social network alternative. I'd add that another way to achieve this is to
build & host your own social network. It's something I'm currently working
on (more of a pseudo-social network, per se) for a community project that,
once complete, will be completely open-sourced & will, hopefully, make the
world a better place one community at a time. ;)

cheers,
--miguel