[SGVLUG] Stream Locomotive

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 18:28:05 PST 2013

Cute.  This looks like something Tom would have thrown up at the start of a
meeting as a filler.

For those of you who are curious as to what it looks like there are quite a
few youtube videos.  Try searching for "Steam locomotive - linux shell"
seems to be pretty good showing the man page and examples of the various
options.

I remember someone once replaced the finger command with ascii art of a
finger moving up and down with lots of bells to attract attention to your
terminal.  Yes this was in the timesharing days.

My favorite program to start if someone left their Xterm unlocked was
Xroach and wait for them to move a window and expose a bug.  heh heh.