[SGVLUG] SGVLUG Dec 2013 Recording

Braddock Gaskill braddock at braddock.com
Fri Jan 25 21:20:11 PST 2013

VirtualDub supposedly can run under Wine, but I wasn't adventurous enough
to try it.  OpenShot crashed within the first two minutes, so I wrote that
off.

I ended up having a decent experience with Kdenlive.

I used Dan's audio and mixed in some of his camera views for variety and
to cover up choppy movements.  Not a bad idea at all to have two cameras
for this.  It is rendering now.  Slides and demos are legible (though I
don't know how kind Youtube compression will be) - I'll also throw up a PDF
copy of the slides.  We have David's blessing to put this all online.

Video editing is time consuming, but good to brush up on every few years.

-braddock

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 12:59:19 -0800, Dan Buthusiem
<dan.buthusiem at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Not at all sure. I know some people use VirtualDub, but I don't know if
> it's out for Linux. It's FOSS, so I'd like to think it is. I'll send you
> direct link to my 3gp file once I can get my server online again. Power
> outages are lame.
> On Jan 25, 2013 12:18 PM, "Braddock Gaskill" <braddock at braddock.com>
wrote:

>> I can try to mix this recording with the 1080i tripod video I took
since

>> your audio came out well and you got more video of David speaking (I
>> didn't
>>
>> get audio).
>>

>> What is the best video editing software for Linux these days?
OpenShot?