[SGVLUG] Microsoft Free software

John Kreznar jek at ininx.com
Thu Jan 24 22:40:35 PST 2013

In a posting purporting to be from Matthew Campbell <dvdmatt at gmail.com>
but lacking a digital signature, it is written:

> For those of you who cashed in on the $15 Windows 8 upgrade the Media
> Center upgrade is still free 'til the end of the month.

As much as we might wish that Richard Stallman and the Free Software
Foundation had found another word, the fact remains that "free", at
least on a Linux mailing list, ought to be as defined by FSF.  Does this
Microsoft software satisfy that definition?

--
OpenPGP key: http://ininx.com
 John E. Kreznar jek at ininx.com 9F1148454619A5F08550 705961A47CC541AFEF13

 ...who won't use software he's forbidden to read ("reverse engineer").