[SGVLUG] vim paste

Braddock Gaskill braddock at braddock.com
Mon Jan 14 09:25:40 PST 2013

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 09:18:04 -0800, "nopbin at gmail.com" <nopbin at gmail.com>
wrote:
>> How do I cut from the vim terminal when running over ssh?
>
> The way I've being doing it is select the text with the mouse and
> ctrl-shift-c.  The text is then in the local gnome paste buffer.

This never works for me under gnome-terminal over ssh.  When within vim,
vim seems to be handling the visual mode highlighting and gnome-terminal's
ctrl-shift-c cut does not work.  I'm on Ubuntu 12.04., vim 7.3,
gnome-terminal 3.4.1.1.

If it works for you, please let me know what your setup is.  This is a
daily source of pain for me.

thanks,
braddock