[SGVLUG] Deprecated Linux networking commands and their replacements

James McDuffie mcduffie at pitfall.org
Thu Feb 21 11:06:25 PST 2013

There are so many outdated HOWTOs in random blogs that knowing which
commands are deprecated can save you a ton of time. At least for
net-tools they are actually trying to remain somewhat
backward compatible in replicating the old interfaces.

But I can tell you from experience that the bluez package seems to
change their interfaces without any real concern about breaking
anything that depended on the old ways. If you are trying to do
bluetooth stuff and looking at a HOWTO that is even a year and a half
old, your gonna have a bad time.