[SGVLUG] Vim Roundtable & SCALE

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Fri Feb 15 00:01:35 PST 2013

Hi all,

Thanks to those of you who made it to the February meeting and participated in our Vim Roundtable.

I learned a few neat tricks from Brad and Kevin and Mike.  I also learned a lot in preparing for this talk, including better ways of using Pentadactyl, the Firefox plugin that gives you a vim-like interface for web browsing.  I also found a really nice set of graphical vim tutorials.

Links, tips, and tricks can all be found on the presentation: http://bit.ly/WLQ50F

I've also updated the Feb meeting notice at sgvlug.org with the link to the presentation.

Reminder that the Southern California Linux Expo (http://socallinuxexpo.org) is a week away.  If you want to register, I believe the SGVLUG half-off discount code is "SGVLG"

I forgot to mention that there are a couple of vi training sessions at SCALE this year.  They are on Saturday and Sunday and appear to be based on the original vi as written by Bill Joy.

For those of you who missed the announcement, we intend on having a
SGVHAK/SGVLUG Birds of a Feather session at SCALE on Saturday at 8pm.  I
 think there will be refreshments.  We are making SGVHAK t-shirts with
the new SGVHAK logo.  We will send out a form to get orders.  We need
the results by Sunday evening so we can get the t-shirts ordered and
printed in time.  Thanks to John Wang and Tux Labs for sponsoring the
t-shirt production.

I mentioned that there was a great likelihood that the Vim Roundtable would be videorecorded.  Mike recorded most of the presentation as a test of the SCALE A/V equipment and software.  I wish I'd thought to take a picture of the setup.  We are busy prepping for SCALE, but rest assured, I will nag Mike about the video and posting it online.

Have a Happy Valentine's Day and hope to see you at SCALE.

Lan