[SGVLUG] Virtual Desktops for Windows

James McDuffie mcduffie at pitfall.org
Wed Feb 13 13:34:04 PST 2013

I believe this is what Braddock is actually asking about:

[1]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_desktop

I would think that would not require emulation or hardware...

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013, at 01:25 PM, Dan Buthusiem wrote:

  Brad,

  Can you clarify on what exactly it is that you're looking for? I
  believe you're looking for something that switches around your
  desktops, similar to having multiple virtual displays in Linux. On
  my Windows boxes, I eventually just bought multiple monitors and KVM
  switches to see the whole picture on my multiple physical boxes. I
  think that's a bit beyond what most users will do (but it's 100%
  cross platform! ha!). I'll post the software I used to use once I
  can remember.

  If not, then virtualbox, vmware player, ms virtual pc (lol), etc.

  - Dan B.