[SGVLUG] SGVLUG Meeting this coming Thursday: Vim roundtable & other things

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Sat Feb 9 20:23:22 PST 2013

Reminder that there is a meeting this coming Thursday.

We'll start with announcements and short talks.

SGVLUG meeting Thur  01/10/2013 7-9PM

http://www.sgvlug.org

TOPIC: Vim Tips and Tricks: A Roundtable Discussion
PRESENTER: Lan Dang + SGVLUG
LOCATION: Caltech - Downs 107.  The Downs building is across from the tennis  courts on California at Arden.

ABSTRACT:

I'm going to demonstrate some of my favorite tricks for the Vim text editor as well as useful vi key bindings.  I welcome everyone to contribute their own tips.  At the end, I hope to gather our tips and use cases into a document, which will be linked through the website.

Whether you use Vim as seldom as possible or you use it every
day, you will learn something from this session.

Bio:

Lan Dang spends the majority of
her working hours monitoring and troubleshooting data processing systems
 on Linux-based computer clusters.  She has accumulated a number of tips
 and tricks to deal with the command line, including extensive use of vim and vi key bindings.