[SGVLUG] Finding a meeting room for January 9th

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Mon Dec 30 15:18:34 PST 2013

Hi all,

Here is the current progress on finding a room for January.  We need to resolve this soon, or we will have neither our OLPC speaker or a meeting:

Note: we have a couple of members willing to front a small amount of money towards venue cost (up to $60, I think); we'd be passing around a hat for donations to pay them back.  Also, we would need someone to bring a projector, and we'd figure out if the wall is flat enough to project on.

* Pasadena Library -- No availability
* PCC -- school is not in session; reserving room might be costly and hard to arrange as an outside group
* Caltech -- so far, no luck
* Hamburger Hamlet back room -- we need to guarantee a certain headcount and $$ business; reception has been lukewarm to cool
* The Shed -- receptive, but not till April; structure is too cold during this time of year

Follow up required:
* Throop Church -- waiting on response
* Fuller Seminary -- who was working on this?
* Burger Continental -- haven't asked yet
* Hutch's BBQ -- haven't asked yet
* Pasadena Recreation Centers -- haven't asked yet. Not even sure they have wifi

Christefano was looking into:
* PCC CEC
* Pasadena Hilton

John offered the possibility of a place to meet for a 6-month period, but it is in Arcadia/El Monte close to the 605.

Any other options for the San Gabriel Valley, preferably close to Pasadena?  We need a place with Internet access that can fit 15-30 people.  If you have a connection with the place, please inquire on our behalf.

Thanks,

Lan