[SGVLUG] Media transfer

John Kreznar jek at ininx.com
Sat Aug 17 16:47:00 PDT 2013

In a posting purporting to be from Richard Emerson <remerson9 at gmail.com>
but lacking a digital signature, it is written:

> I have a few (3) 5.25 floppies.  Does any know of a service to transfer
> them to a thumb drive?

One of my ancient 486 boxes has a 5.25 in. drive.  Hadn't been booted in
ages, but I connected power and ethernet and it came right up!  Last
login time 2008 May 31.  I read from an ancient TeX implementation on
5.25" media using dd if=/dev/fd0, so the device seems to be functioning.

This is a box that I bought from Dave Lawyer for $6 in 2002.  Old-timers
here probably remember him.

I'd be happy to transfer media gratis if we can work out the logistics.
I rarely go to the meetings and my transportation is bicycle.  What city
are you in?

Send me your OpenPGP key so we can work out details in encrypted email.

--
OpenPGP key: http://ininx.com
 John E. Kreznar jek at ininx.com 9F1148454619A5F08550 705961A47CC541AFEF13